Did you know that jackfruit can also be used to create excellent spreads and creams for sandwiches, canapes or salads? The jackfruit cream presented here is also surprisingly reminiscent of fresh tuna spread - the consistency of the Lotao Green organic jackfruit , in combination with seaweed granules and vegan mayonnaise, make this possible. The spicy, creamy delicacy doesn't have to make us feel guilty: because the world's oceans are guaranteed not to be fished dry to produce organic jackfruit . The consistency of the jackfruit, in combination with seaweed granules and vegan mayonnaise make it possible...
- 200 g Lotao Green Jackfruit Organic
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon seaweed granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickled relish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- Greens of one kind (optionally pea shoots)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2/3 cup grated vegan cheese
- olive oil
- Mash the jackfruit pieces with a fork until they have a tuna-like consistency.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes, then add the jackfruit and fry until the fruit pieces have lost their moisture. Add the seaweed granules, season with salt and remove from the heat.
- To make the spread, mash or puree the white beans in a bowl with a fork. Add the remaining herbs and spices, mix and fold in the fried jackfruit pieces.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Top two slices of toast with lettuce and tomatoes and spread the jackfruit spread (approx. 3 tablespoons per sandwich).
- Now take two more slices of toast, spread the grated cheese on them and let them heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Then place the grilled cheese slices on top of the jackfruit slices, heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the sandwiches with the cheese side down. Turn until the cheese begins to melt.
- Once the cheese is melted and the toast is browned, the sandwiches are ready. Bon appetit!