...Monika Mörchen from Hildesheim with her recipe “Grilled Ginger-Pork with Rising Sun Saffron Gold”! Our jury is enthusiastic about the unerring sense of fine flavors that this recipe contains: grilled pork with spicy ginger, fruity orange and floral Marigold sake meets a finely balanced sauce of balsamic vinegar and espresso , and this interaction is finally crowned with saffron refined Rising Sun Orange rice! We are thrilled and congratulate Monika Mörchen on the well-deserved victory in the Lotao recipe competition!
- 4 pork loins (fat-free)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 100 ml Sake Marigold
- 150 g orange jam
- 50 ml soy sauce
- Some sesame oil
- clarified butter
- Coriander greens
- 3 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 100 ml balsamic vinegar
- 15 ml Arabic coffee or espresso
- 150 g Lotao Basmati rice
- 200 ml white wine
- (Hibiscus) salt
- Orange peel
- Make 8 mm deep cuts into the pork all around. Mix the ginger and garlic into a smooth paste and rub the meat well on both sides. Mix the sake, jam, soy sauce and sesame oil carefully and pour over the chops. Set aside and let it steep.
- For the sauce, melt the palm blossom sugar in a saucepan, deglaze with vinegar, add coffee, season to taste and allow to reduce significantly. If necessary, top with ice-cold butter cubes and use some of the grill liquid to season.
- Heat the grill pan or grill as directed, sear the blotted pieces of meat, turning occasionally and brushing with a little marinade if necessary.
- Bring the wine to a simmer, stir in the ground saffron with salt and pepper. Cook Lotao Basmati rice according to the recipe and add the spices and saffron stock at the end.
- Arrange the rice in a small bowl, place the meat, pour over the balsamic coffee sauce and garnish with coriander.