Why not combine the classic Texas spice with the exotic Asian jackfruit ? This latest recipe creation impresses with its lush malt and smoky notes, and is smoothly rounded off with liquid smoke and vegetable broth. And this is how our BBQ jackfruit couscous with yogurt sauce is guaranteed to work:
for the couscous
for the yogurt sauce
- Put the jackfruit pieces in a bowl with a little oil and mix well with the paprika powder, cumin, chili flakes and salt and pepper. Let the marinade take effect for about 30 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the onion over medium heat for about 3 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the marinated jackfruit and sauté for another 3 minutes. Then stir in the BBQ sauce, liquid smoke and vegetable stock and bring to the boil briefly.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegan yogurt sauce. To do this, put the yoghurt in a bowl, stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the couscous in salted water according to the instructions and cool. Dice the tomatoes, avocado and onion and fold into the cooled couscous.
- Arrange the couscous vegetables on a plate and the BBQ jackfruit on top. Garnish with some yogurt sauce and enjoy.