Where the classic chili con carne originated is largely unknown. In general, the recipe is not assigned to Mexican cuisine, but to Tex-Mex cuisine . The Chili con Jackfruit, on the other hand, clearly has its origins in Lotao cuisine - and is at least as tasty as the homeless original. Here you will find out how you can prepare the bombastic Lotao Tex-Mex chili-con jackfruit in just a few steps !
(for 4-6 people)
- 3 tsp coconut oil, e.g. B. Coconut oil
- 600 g sweet potato, cut into approx. 2 cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, mild
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cans of tomatoes, cut into pieces (400g each)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 pack Lotao Green Jackfruit natural , cut into pieces with a fork
- salt and pepper
- Fry jackfruit vigorously in coconut oil for about 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, pepper and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the spices and tomato paste and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze with the canned tomatoes and add the remaining vegetables and beans. Simmer gently for at least 1 hour. Season with salt, pepper and possibly more chili. If necessary, garnish the chili con jackfruit with guacamole and salsa. Bon appetit!