Ulla Killing and Kirsten Breustedt bring the rice in front of the lens .For Ulla's Jasmin Rice Cocktail I would like to share a little "Making-Of - Recipe Report" in advance. Because this recipe was created under very special circumstances. Ulla Killing ( KillingPepper Catering ), a passionate cook and food designer, has been a convinced Lotao fan from the start. When we asked her to create a very special recipe, she was immediately enthusiastic and ready to bring her rice idea to life in front of the camera. Ulla's recipe creation was accompanied directly by photographer Kirsten Breustedt. The result is not only visually a real novelty, but the ingredients are also surprising: a cocktail made from jasmine rice , fresh Balik salmon, spicy wasabi and fine green tea ice... Sparkling Volcano Terra Iced Balik cocktail by Ulla Killing, KillingPepper
(for 4 people)
Not stirred, not shaken, but 100% chopped!
- Cook jasmine rice and refine it with coconut oil. Wash the fresh, young garlic threads and the Chinese chives. Pat the chives dry and cut into 1-2 cm rolls. Toss very briefly in the well-heated oil.
- Sprinkle with some coconut blossom sugar . Cut the Balik salmon into pieces and fold in the cooled herbs and chili. Season with a little lime juice and then refrigerate.
- Wash and dry the acacia leaves well. Pluck the feather-like leaves and fry them briefly in well-heated oil, then let them cool.
- Mix all other ingredients together and mix well with 1 tablespoon of water, a little sugar and salt and lime zest. Now add the fried acacia leaves and mix with a hand blender.
- Wash the coriander and pat dry. Pluck the leaves and grind them together with the sea salt in a mortar.
- Fill 4 martini glasses with 1 tablespoon each of chives and spring onion. Pour the acacia/wasabi mayonnaise on top.
- Then fill in layers with the cooled rice and spread the Balik salmon tartare on top. Place the slightly thawed green tea ice cream on top and sprinkle with coriander salt.
- Beat the milk and the “Diamond” ice cream powder well with a mixer. Slowly sprinkle in the green tea powder so that there are no lumps. Mix well again.
- Then pour it into a plastic mold and put it in the freezer. Allow to thaw for a few minutes just before serving. Good luck and good appetite!