Oriental Sensation Smoked Smoked Rice is an organic smoked rice that is smoked under pure beech wood using a traditional method. The genuine smoked aroma makes it unique. This rice is a true specialty - and when prepared as oriental spiced rice, it is incomparably good. The spice mixture with cumin, cardamom and fennel, in addition to the smoky scent, creates an oriental feeling . In addition, the rice is cooked in a vegetable broth, which makes it particularly aromatic . Wanderlust? True globetrotters meet in the kitchen.
- 300g Oriental Sensation Smoked organic smoked ice
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cardamom seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped finely
- Bali Pure Salt
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600ml vegetable broth
- 100g cashew nuts (alternatively: pistachios or almond slivers)
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp Java Kiss coconut blossom sugar
Blanket-Towel-Rice: A sophisticated cooking method
- Fry the onion cubes in a little vegetable oil, then add the garlic and spices (whole). Add another 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and mix in the Oriental Sensation smoked rice.
- Pour in 600ml vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the lid and place a clean dishcloth over the pot. Close the lid again and let it evaporate for 40-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the nut topping: Cut the onion into fine rings and fry in a little vegetable oil until crispy. Dry on kitchen paper. Fry the nuts in oil until brown and caramelize with a little Java Kiss coconut blossom sugar. Fold in the onion and mix well.
- Arrange the rice and garnish with the onion and nut mixture. Lotao Green Jackfruit Curry or Pulled Veggie goes best with this, e.g. the thyme-garlic version from Amidori.
- Bon appetit!