When the fresh local pears are back on the market, this fruity dessert is just the thing. Poached pears are soft and tender, and the sweet and sour lemongrass coconut cream gives them a noble, aromatic note. With this recipe you can earn serious dessert points from friends and family, especially on rainy days and in the fall season!
Ingredients for the pear (4 people):
- 4 pears (we recommend the Williams Christ variety)
- 5 tbsp Maya Kiss agave sugar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 stick cinnamon
Ingredients for the crumble:
- 50g butter
- 75 g spelled flour
- 25 g Java Kiss coconut blossom sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the cream:
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 can (165 ml) coconut milk
- 50g sugar
- Peel, halve and core the pears carefully. Bring 500ml water (better: pear juice), 5 tbsp Maya Kiss, 5 tbsp lemon juice and 1 stick of cinnamon to the boil in a pot.
- Add the pear halves and cook, covered, over low heat for 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the pears cool to room temperature.
- Clean and wash the lemongrass, soften it with the back of a knife and cut it into pieces. Bring the pieces to the boil together with coconut milk and sugar, remove from the heat and let steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the lukewarm coconut milk through a sieve into a bowl, cool and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- For the crumble, melt the butter, then add the flour, coconut blossom sugar and a little salt and stir with a wooden spoon until finely crumbled and crispy-brown.
- Arrange the pears on a plate of coconut milk and sprinkle with the crumble.
- Done - enjoy your meal!