So that enjoyment is not neglected at Easter, today we are presenting a hearty recipe idea from Sandra Anna Christen (www.fraubuntkocht). Sandra has created a heavenly dish with our Prince of Bengal organic rice, based on a classic “Scotch egg”. Not vegan, but of course only made with the best ingredients. This will make Easter a pleasure!
- 200 g Lotao Prince of Bengal rice (cooked and cooled)
- 2 boiled & peeled 7 minute eggs, cooled
- 10 champions
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp rice flour
- 50g rice flour
- 100 g Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 liter sunflower oil for deep frying
- Zest of a lemon & the juice of half a lemon
- Salt pepper
- Prepare Lotao Prince of Bengal rice according to package instructions. Clean the mushrooms and, if possible, do not wash them, but clean them with a small brush or kitchen paper and cut them into small cubes.
- Sauté the onions until translucent and add the mushroom cubes. Simmer everything together for 4 - 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. It is important to always stir the mushrooms while frying them so that the water vapor can escape and no liquid forms in the pan.
- Place the cooled, lukewarm rice in a bowl and add the mushroom mixture. Now add the chopped parsley, lemon zest and juice and mix. The result should be a mass that you can form into balls.
- If the dough is still a little wet, add some more rice flour. Until the dough is no longer sticky. Now turn the boiled egg all over in rice flour.
- Take a handful of the rice-mushroom mixture and press it evenly in your hand, place the cooked egg on the flattened mixture and use it to coat the egg. Then roll the egg in panko until the entire egg is coated. Do the same with the second egg. Place the eggs in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep pot to 170 degrees. Tip: The right temperature is reached when you put a wooden spoon into the hot fat and bubbles form on the stem. After resting in the freezer, immediately fry the eggs in the deep fat until golden brown, always moving the egg around in the sunflower oil so that it fried evenly until golden brown. Bon appetit!