The popular French dessert is the crowning glory of every restaurant visit and fine dinner. Find out below how you can prepare the wonderfully sweet cream with jaggery sugar at home and without a gas burner .
- 1 vanilla bean
- 200 milliliters of milk
- 300 milliliters of cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 40 grams of Java Kiss coconut blossom sugar
- 60 grams Lotao Jaggery Kiss raw cane sugar (for caramelization)
- Scrape the pulp from the vanilla pod and place it in a mixing bowl. Add milk, cream, egg yolk and Java Kiss coconut blossom sugar and whisk everything together.
- Pour the finished mixture into small, shallow, ovenproof molds and then place them in a large roasting pan with hot water so that the molds are about half submerged.
- Let the crème brûlée set in the oven at 120 degrees (with a fan oven) for 40 to 50 minutes. It should no longer be soft, but not as firm as pudding either.
- After baking, cool the crème brûlée and let it rest in the refrigerator for one to two hours. Finally, sprinkle the crème brûlée with a tablespoon of Lotao Jaggery Kiss raw cane sugar . If you have a gas burner, you can caramelize the sugar with it. If you don't have one at hand: simply heat a tablespoon over the stove and caramelize the sugar with the bottom of the spoon. Bon appetite!