As soon as Halloween is over, the big guesswork begins as to what will happen to the pumpkins lying around this year. For those who have had enough of pumpkin pie and just roll their eyes at pumpkin soup, we have developed a delicious recipe idea in cooperation with Buddydinner. Trick or treat: bring on the delicious jackfruit pumpkin curry !
Ingredients for 2 people:
Duration: approx. 50 minutes
- 2x200g Lotao Jackfruit Curry
- 2 small pumpkins
- 150 g Lotao Rice Curcuma Sun
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp caraway
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 30g parsley
- Cook Curcuma Sun rice according to package instructions. Remove the lids from the pumpkins and set them aside.
- Scrape the pumpkins with a spoon and cut the flesh into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the onion, cut it into fine cubes and fry it briefly in a coated pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin pieces, fry briefly and stir in the caraway. Deglaze with coconut milk and vegetable broth and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Then mix in vegan cream cheese, coconut blossom sugar and two packs of Lotao Green Jackfruit Curry . Simmer for another five minutes until the sauce has a creamy consistency. Season with lemon juice.
- If necessary, add a little salt or spice it up with chili. Fill the hollowed out pumpkins with rice and jackfruit curry and garnish with parsley or fresh coriander.
- Serve warm and enjoy! Bon appetit!