The fluffy, golden tikki in India are usually made from potatoes and peas. They are the ideal snack between meals and are eaten warm with various chutneys, chickpeas and sometimes yogurt. The variant with jackfruit presented here is rich in fiber and low in calories, but very aromatic and digestible.
- 200 g Lotao Green Jackfruit Natural
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 piece of ginger
- ½ tsp green chili (fresh)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red chili
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala *
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Ghee and sunflower oil for frying
- Heat the pan with a little oil, add the cumin seeds and toast them a little. Then fry the diced onions until brown. Add the chopped garlic and ginger. Add the remaining ingredients and a cup of water. Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes and season with salt.
- Let the mixture cool and form cookies out of it. Heat some ghee and sunflower oil in a coated pan and fry the cookies in batches until golden brown.
- If necessary, add more ghee or oil. Keep warm on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Serve the jackfruit tikki with the chutney of your choice and some salad. Good succeed!