The Lotao recipe competition is over and our jury has selected the best recipe ideas from over 200 submissions. In the coming days we will present all the winning recipes here. It starts with 4th place, which goes to Elke Michl from Aalen. Her recipe with spicy shrimp and pineapple is sophisticated and tastes very convincing thanks to the combination with Oriental Sensation rice .
A great combination: Oriental Sensation rice, shrimp & pineapple!
- Cook the desired amount of rice according to the instructions. Wash the shrimp and pat dry. Beat the egg whites until foamy. Gradually stir in approx. 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, ginger, soy sauce and curry.
- Peel the garlic and press it into the marinade, season with salt. Add the shrimp and let it sit covered for about an hour.
- Peel the pineapple and remove the core, then cut it into small pieces and mix about 5 tablespoons of pineapple juice with vinegar, coconut blossom sugar , chili powder, broth and the remaining cornstarch. Bring the sauce to the boil.
- Heat the vegetable oil, fry the marinated shrimps in it, remove them and drain them on a piece of kitchen paper. Then fry the shrimp again briefly, add the pineapple pieces and the sauce.
- Garnish with basil and lemongrass, serve and enjoy. We warmly congratulate Elke Michl, who will receive her prize - a Lotao Rice Collection - in the mail in the next few days!