Today we're introducing you to the second-place recipe from our "Jackfruit Recipe Contest", a wonderfully simple but delicious one at the same time! Zucchini filled with jackfruit gratinated with a creamy, aromatic sauce made from cashew nuts - we know what we're having for dinner today ;) We would like to thank Kami M. for this great recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC top and bottom heat.
- Soak the cashews in water while cutting the onion and preparing the zucchini. Cut onion into small pieces. Halve the zucchini lengthwise and scrape out the soft insides with a spoon. Chop up jackfruit pieces .
- For the sauce: Process cashew nuts with tahini, yeast flakes and a little water (or oat milk if desired) in a high-performance blender to make a creamy sauce. Season with salt & pepper.
- For the zucchini filling: Sauté the onions with a little oil and add the jackfruit, season with salt and pepper (other herbs such as marjoram, coriander and thyme can optionally be added), fry both until a light roasted aroma is created.
- Cover each hollowed-out zucchini halves with a little sauce. Fill with jackfruit & onions and cover generously with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle more yeast flakes on top.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes - until the zucchini has become slightly soft and the sauce is golden brown. Sooo delicious and now enjoy it!!!