Summer may be almost over, but the Royal Pearl Black Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce can be served as a light appetizer or as a snack at any time of the year. They are quick to prepare, incredibly tasty and full of healthy vitamins .
(for 12 summer rolls)
- 200 g tofu, smoked
- 100g Royal Pearl Black rice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 piece of cucumber
- 6 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1 bunch of green coriander
- ½ bunch of mint
- 12 sheets of rice paper (22 cm Ø, Asian store)
(for the dip)
- 4 tbsp chili sauce
- peanut sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce, hot
- For the summer rolls, prepare the “Royal Pearl Black” black rice according to the instructions, let it cool and mix in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Clean, peel, halve and cut the carrot and cucumber into very thin strips - as well as the lettuce leaves (crosswise, into thin strips). Wash the herbs and place the individual leaves on a plate.
- Cut the smoked tofu into thin strips as well.
- Soak the rice paper sheets one after the other briefly in water so that they become wet on both sides. Be careful not to make them lumpy or stick too much. Place each individual rice leaf on a damp worktop.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of chili sauce in the middle of the lower third. Add black rice, herbs, lettuce, carrot, cucumber and tofu on top.
- Similar to burritos, fold the edges over the filling and roll the rice leaves into a roll using light pressure.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip and serve together with the rolls. Bon appetit